第10部分(第4/5 頁)
the Linnet, 是我,紅雀說,
I'll fetch it in a minute, 我將拿它片刻,
I'll carry the link。 我將拿火炬來。
Who'll be chief mourner?誰來當主祭?
I,said the Dove, 是我,鴿子說,
I mourn for my love, 我將當主祭,
I'll be chief mourner。 為吾愛哀悼。
Who'll carry the coffin?誰來抬棺?
I,said the Kite, 是我,鳶說,
If it's not through the night, 若不經過夜晚,
I'll carry the coffin。 我將抬棺。
Who'll bear the pall?誰來扶棺?
We,said the Wren, 是我們,鷦鷯說,
Both the cock and the hen, 還有公雞和母雞,
We'll bear the pall。 我們將扶棺。
Who'll sing a psalm?誰來唱讚美詩?
I,said the Thrush, 是我,畫眉說,
As she sat on a bush, 當她埋入灌木叢中,
I'll sing a psalm。 我將唱讚美詩。
Who'll toll the bell?誰來敲喪鐘?
I,said the Bull, 是我,牛說,
Because I can pull, 因為我可以拉鍾。
So Cock Robin,farewell。 所以,再會了,知更鳥。
All the birds of the air 當喪鐘
Fell a…sighing and a…sobbing, 為那可憐的知更鳥響起,
When they heard the bell toll 空中所有的鳥,
For poor Cock Robin。 都悲嘆哭泣。
NOTICE 啟事
To all it concerns, 給所有的關係人,
This notice apprises, 請注意,
The Sparrow's for trial, 下回小鳥審判,
At next bird assizes。 受審者為麻雀。
馬上就到截稿期,可是,這個故事林子研無論如何畫不下去。
印象裡,那個女孩很喜歡這種東西,手裡經常珍視地抱著一本書,似乎就是這樣的內容,自己曾經幫她撿起過,所以依稀記得。
「Who saw him die…誰看到他死?
「I,said the Fly。 是我,蒼蠅說,
「With my little eye, 我看到他死,
「I saw him die。 用我的小眼睛。」
想著想著,目光忽然盯上這一行,林子研搖了搖頭,將稿件翻頁。
修改著畫稿,漸漸地睡意上來,撐著下巴坐在椅子上,林子研緩緩進入了夢鄉……
夢裡聽到腳步聲,瑣碎而猶豫的腳步聲,驚恐了半天才發現是自己的
本章未完,點選下一頁繼續。